Make the World a More Beautiful Place: Opt For a Career in Designing
India can easily be said to be no more following others in the blind race. A few years back the scenario of Indian education had just two to three major streams to offer when it came to having a bright career ahead. Times have changed now and the career opportunities in our country have rapidly increased in almost all the fields, whether it is media or it is designing. Keeping that in mind, in 2006 NIFT was certified to provide graduation degrees in designing. Since then millions of boys and girls have tried to make it to the NIFTs but the entrance of these colleges is a tough nut to crack.
There is plenty that the syllabus covers and it is really tough to cover it all by yourself. Hence, it is advisable to go for coaching. There are many institutes that offer coaching for NIFT entrance examination in Delhi, Mumbai and several other places. To add to your preparation, we have a list of advice for you that will help you crack NIFT entrance. Have a look.
- Practice is what leads you to success. Sketching is an essential part of designing, therefore, try sketching as much as possible to enhance your drawing and sketching skills. This will help you a lot in the long run.
- Keep browsing to various fashion blogs, newspaper columns and magazines that have featured columns of a fashion blog. This will be very good for enriching your ideas and your creations can be inspired accordingly.
- Learn to pick ideas from the things that you like. Be it from the movie you’re watching or the book you’re reading. Ideas shall be preserved and then used when you need to apply them.
- Avoid using erasers as much as you can. It is said that a true artist never uses the eraser in his paintings. Not using eraser will make your lines get bolder and you will be drawing much more confidently.
- Detailing is a very important thing when it comes to sketching and drawing. Pay special importance to detail in places that it is required. For example, a human face or outfits.
- Your illustrations have to be very lively and at the same time very effective impression on the viewers. Keep drawing with your own special style and stick to your way of drawing.
- Calligraphy skills are all the same important and there are chances that they might be required for poster and banner designing. Therefore, practice well and hard on your lettering styles. They are quite important.
- Stick to the prescribed syllabus of the NIFT entrance exam.
- Inculcate the habit of sketching with light hands and lighter pencil shades rather than dark at the very beginning. Lighter shades make it easier to make corrections.
These tips will see you through in the designing section and for the rest of the subjects, there is quite information in the syllabus itself. Since drawing is one of the most important features of the exam, make sure you gain full marks at it.