Ways to ace IELTS!
If you are planning to go abroad to study, you will have to give the IELTS exam especially if you are heading to the United States of America or U.K. If you want some tips on how you can ace the IELTS exam, then keep on reading…
- IELTS is all about English, so you must find a good English teacher. You will be provided with the study material, but it is for those candidates who are not very good with English. You must take up classes for IELTS if this language is not your strong point. Make sure you find a reputed IELTS entrance exam coaching in Rohini 2 months before the exam.
- Practice well. Just by reading books or the textbooks, you are not going to learn everything. Basic practice of the language will help you in the future too. For this entrance exam, you have to write essays too for which you need to read and practice some by yourself.
- Time management is vital. No matter what exam you are appearing for, time management is very essential. If you are slow with the language, then you need to work on your time management. You will not be getting a lot of time to complete the answers during the entrance exam.
- Go through old papers. Preparing and giving the exam are two different things. You are under a lot of pressure when you are writing the paper. That’s why lots of teachers’ advice that students go through old papers or sample papers so that you get an idea about what could come in the paper. Other than this, you will get to know what exactly is your strong point and weak point in the sections of the paper.
- Learn the language, do not memorise it. Do not be in a hurry and start preparing last moment so that you only end up memorising the verbs, nouns, etc. in English. When you speak in the language and when you write it, there is a huge difference. Other than this, if you end up forgetting even one word of what you memorised then the entire sentence could be wrong. This is why we are advising that it is better if students and adults appearing for this exam join classes 2 to 3 months prior.
- You must know general English. Read the English newspaper, books and other articles over the internet. Make sure you are reading books written by English authors because sometimes the words used could be diverse and you could learn a lot of new words. Apart from reading the paper and reading books, make sure you go through the dictionary to learn various words. If you do not understand what a word means, quickly find it in the dictionary or online and read the meaning twice. In this way, you will memorise a lot of new words in the language.Other than all these tips, make sure you strengthen your English language when it comes to speaking as well as writing and keep a tab of all the current affairs.