How to Prepare for MCA
Season for Entrance Exams is back as most of the top colleges are going to conduct Entrance Exam for the most sought after courses like MCA.
Usually Entrance Exams are of objective type i.e MCQs (multiple choice questions which covers basic syllabus of the BCA.
MCA short for Master of Computer Applications is a post-graduate course enriches an individual’s career prospects in the software and IT sector. It has been considered a necessity for most professionals who have completed a BCA and desire a fulfilling career in Information Technology Sector.
Traditionally the program has followed a semester based system. In brief it is all about development of computer applications and languages. It is offered in various colleges in India and abroad. Admission to the course usually is through MCA entrance exams and GD/PI in some universities.
Students who want to opt for MCA should have Mathematics as their main subject in either senior secondary or in graduation. MCA entrance examination is held for the students seeking admission to the best national institutes teaching computer applications on the basis of the merit.
All India MCA Common Entrance Test in short AIMCET score is accepted and recognized with some of the highest esteemed colleges and universities because of its high set standard as well as the level of transparency which is involved. The Test is conducted for candidates who are seeking admission in the Indian institute of technology in Computer Application course at the post graduate level. The examination has been deemed as one of the most reputed entrance exam.
1. The candidate must be of Indian nationality.
2. The candidate must also have passed class 10+2 in any stream with mathematics as a main subject.
3. The candidate should be a graduate with at least 3 year degree.
4. The candidate appearing for the final year examination can also apply for MCA examination.
1. Mathematics – 100 Questions
2. Computer Awareness – 40 Questions
3. Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning – 40 Questions
4. General Awareness –20 Questions
Below are the tips which will help one to crack the entrance:-
- One should be aware of the exam pattern and its sectioning. There are three sections in the paper, so the candidates should give equal time to each section and not ignore the other two in order to score well.
- Be prepared for the exam. Start your preparation as soon as you plan to pursue MCA. It will be beneficial for you to be familiar with the exam pattern and thus you can set time limits.
- The first section checks your analytical ability. One can practice such questions from the previous years’ question papers. Also there are some good practice books available in the market. Practicing these questions from various books will put the candidate in a habit of answering such questions and help sharpen the mind and this will help in building speed as well.
- The second section consists of the questions on mathematical ability for which the candidates should thoroughly practice those mental mathematics questions.
- The third section of the entrance test evaluates the candidate’s ability to communicate. This again should be well practiced. These questions may seem easy when you read but actually are difficult to attempt especially while writing the exam and require a lot of practice and training to get the accurate answer because they are highly confusing.
- One can start the preparation of MCA entrance along with the final year of graduation. If you are devoting a good amount of time, 5-6 hrs every day then 5-6 months will be more than enough for the total preparation.
- Since this exam has an unusual pattern which is little different from other entrances, one may take many mock tests for practice to get the complete idea of the exam.
- students should do enough research to find out the best colleges and universities for this particular course and prepare according to the particular exam particular. MCA entrance for different universities may differ.
- candidates must also keep in mind that the questions are pretty confusing so one should take care of the time; manage time efficiently to attempt maximum questions. Time management is one key factor that is responsible for success.One may join a preparation institute as there are institute for MCA preparation in rohini where proper guidance and dedication is the key to success.