- CAT is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management as an entrance exam for admission to the PG Programs in management courses of various management institutes & colleges all across India including the IIMs.
- Along with other parameters the CAT score is used separately by each institute i.e. academic performance, work experience, group discussion, written assessment and interview performance etc. in the selection process of candidates.
- CAT Maths/Quant Ability : Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.
- CAT Logical Reasoning : Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
- CAT English/Verbal Ability : Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
- CAT Data Interpretation : Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), Venn diagram, etc.