MCA

Master of Computer Applications

MCA short for Master of Computer Applications is a post-graduate course enriches an individuals career prospects in the software and IT sector. It has been considered a necessity for most professionals who have completed a BCA and desire a fulfilling career in Information Technology Sector.

Download e-brochure

What is MCA?

MCA prepares students to enter the computer industry – one of the most preferred industry today, one can takes positions as system analysts, system designers, programmers and managers in all areas of applications of ‘industry. Even non-IT companies have begun to recruit MCA graduates to manage IT operations. Organizations recruit MCA graduates at the same level as B.Techs / M.Techs. The compensation levels and growth prospects of MCA are comparable to those of B.Techs / M.Techs.

MCA program offered by several universities / colleges aims to shape deserving graduates in professional software relevant to the information technology industry. Advanced concepts of computer science and technological development in programming applications and systems in real-time, are part of this course.

Traditionally the programme has followed a semester based system. In brief it is all about development of computer applications and languages. It is offered in various colleges in India and abroad. Admission to the course usually is through MCA entrance exams and GD/PI in some universities.

More About MCA

Master of computer applications is a great degree in the field of information technology. The experts consider that it is at par with MBA.

  • Scope of application

This career has lot of scope. The computer industry creates lot of opportunities. Large companies such as M.N.C absorb MCA students such as software developers, systems analysts, system administrators, Internet experts, consultants, etc. There is a great demand in the railways, telecommunication and defense services of India.

If you can master skills and have a creative mind, there is no limit to your potential customers.

  • Procedure

M.C.A. is carried out by almost all universities in India. The minimum Qualification for this course is Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with minimum 50% to 60% marks. The selection is made through a written test carried out by different universities. Some states conduct a common examination. For example Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, etc.

  • Mathematical conditions

A student who did not have mathematics at senior secondary level, but has Math’s at graduation level such as BCA / B.Com may appear on the exam.

  • Program

The written test consists of four parts: mathematics, computer awareness, Basic English, logical and analytical reasoning. The focus is on advanced mathematics.

  • Regular Vs Correspondence

Universities such as IGNOU, P.T.U., S.M.U. Provide M.C.A. By correspendence, but industry prefers M.C.A. from a regular college. An M.C.A. regular degree from a renowned institute is incomparable.

  • Salary

An M.C.A. from a good Institute can get you anything from 5 to 15 Lacs. With experience, salary increases exponentially.

  • Major companies

Some of the best companies for students who have completed M.C.A. Microsoft Corporation, Oracle, IBM, L & T Limited, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, AT & T, Citibank, CDOT, NIIT, Hughes Software System, Ranco systems, ICICI Bank, India Railways, Defense Services Limited CMC, Satyam Computers , Tata Tech info, etc.

Enquire Now

Universities

Eligibility
  • Graduate in any discipline with adequate competence in Mathematics under 10+2+3 pattern of education with atleast 55 % marks.
  • Aspirants pursuing their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
Paper Pattern
  • Shall consists of about  80 % of questions from Mathematics and Probability and about 20 % of questions from General Aptitude and Reasoning.
Syllabus
  • 10+2/Graduate Level Mathematics, Probability, General Aptitude and Reasoning.
Overview
  • The admission to MCA will be made on the basis of the merit determined by the performance of the candidates in a written Entrance Test followed by interview of short-listed candidates. The interview will be conducted by the Faculty.
Eligibility
  • A candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree examination in any discipline from a recognized institution with at least one paper of Mathematics at Senior Secondary (10+2) level securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
No. of Seats
  • 60
Exam Pattern
S.No Subject
1 Mathematics
2 Logical ability, deductive ability and reasoning
3 English
4 Computers
Exam Pattern & Details
  • Graduate with at least 50% marks in total from any recognized university with Maths & English as compulsory subjects atleast at sr. secondary level can apply.
  • Mode - Offline
  • Total questions – 150
  • Max Marks - 600
  • Duration - 150 mins
The break-up off marks is as follow -
S.No Subject Questions
1 Mathematics 25%
2 Logical ability, deductive ability and reasoning 25%
3 English 25%
4 Computers 25%
Marking Scheme
  • Each question carries four marks.
  • There is NEGATIVE MARKING for wrong answer.
  • One mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
  • Every correct response will get 4 marks.
  • No marks are deducted if a student has not marked any option.
Overview
  • The National Institutes of Technology (NIT) are institutions of national importance under MHRD, Govt. from India. The NIMCET is a common national entry level test, performed by one of the NITs, to be admitted to your MCA program. The MCA program is offered by the ILS in Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal.
Exam Pattern
The NIMCET test will be conducted with a unique questionnaire that contains 120 multiple-choice questions covering the following topics. Multiple choice questions will be written only in English and will not be translated into another language.
S.No Subject Questions
1 Mathematics 50 questions
2 Logical ability, deductive ability and reasoning 40 questions
3 English 20 questions
4 Computers 10 questions
Total 120 questions
 
  • Based on the qualifications obtained by a qualified candidate in the NIMCET test, a classification will be granted by adopting the following criteria. The grades obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Capacity and Logical Reasoning, Computer Knowledge, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1.5, 2 and 1 respectively. Therefore, the maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
Exam Pattern
There will be one paper of 150 minutes duration carrying a total of 450 marks containing 150 MCQ’s.
S.No Subject Questions
1 Mathematics 100 Questions
2 Logical ability, deductive ability and reasoning 50 Questions
  • Total Seats - 46* + 20
Exam Pattern
  • SNAP Test duration is 120 minutes and has 150 questions.
  • Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response. It has 4 sections.
  • In three sections each question carries 1 mark and in the one section each question carries 2 marks.
  • There is negative marking in this test and Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks. The four sections are:
S.No. Section Number of Questions Total Marks
1 General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability 40 40
2 Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency 40 40
3 General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario 40 40
4 Analytical & Logical Reasoning 30 60
Total 150 180
Exam Pattern
There shall be one objective type paper of 100 marks comprising 100 Questions with the following breakup:
S.No Subject Questions
1. Mathematics and Statistics 50 Questions
2. Physics 20 Questions
3. Computer Science 20 Questions
4. Logical ability, deductive ability and reasoning 10 Questions
Exam Pattern
  • The B-CAT Test will consist of in all 200 marks. It consists of 200 MCQ’s one mark each with four alternatives. With only one correct or most appropriate answer.
  • There is no negative marking in this entrance.
  • The break-up off marks is as follow -
S.No Subjects Questions Marks
i. Mathematics at Xth level 50 50
ii. Mathematies at XIIth level 50 50
iii. Logical and Abstract Reasoning 40 40
iv. Fundamentals of Information Technology 20 20
v. C Language concepts 40 40
Total 200 200

Buy Our Prep Modules

MCA Prep Modules

MCA Prep Modules

Enquire Now View Details