About the Course
- Business administration is management of a business. It includes all aspects of overseeing and supervising business operations and related fields which include accounting, finance and marketing.The degree is designed to give a broad knowledge of the functional aspects of a company and their interconnection, while also allowing for specialization in a particular area. The degree also develops the student’s practical, managerial and communication skills, and business decision-making capability. Many programs incorporate training and practical experience, in the form of case projects, presentations, internships, industrial visits, and interaction with experts from industry.
About Delhi University - BBA(FIA)
- BBA (FIA) or Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) course offers a chance to acquire investment skills at a professional level in the early stages of career as a management trainee. This course is mostly relevant to those who want to pursue careers in financial investment.
- Colleges of DU for BBA(FIA) -
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women
- Course Curriculum
|Paper Code||Semester I|
|101||Environmental Science||Ability Enhancement-Compulsory|
|102||Financial Accounting& Analysis||Core Discipline|
|103||Managerial Economics||Core Discipline|
|104||Any One from the List of Generic Elective /Interdisciplinary Courses||Elective Course – Generic/Interdisciplinary|
|201||Business Communication (Language : English /MIL)||Ability Enhancement-Compulsory|
|202||Statistics for Business Decisions||Core Discipline|
|203||Cost & Management Accounting||Core Discipline|
|204||Any One from the List of Generic Elective /Interdisciplinary Courses||Elective/Interdisciplinary|
|301||Income Tax||Core Discipline|
|302||Corporate Finance||Core Discipline|
|303||Financial Markets& Institutions||Core Discipline|
|304||Any One from the List of Generic Elective /Interdisciplinary Courses||Elective Course /Interdisciplinary|
|305||Any ONE from list of SKILL ENHANCEMENT COURSE (SEC)||Skill Enhancement Course|
|401||Macro Economics||Core Discipline|
|402||Quantitative Techniques||Core Discipline|
|403||Financial Econometrics||Core Discipline|
|404||Any One from the List of Generic Elective /Interdisciplinary Courses||Elective Course – Generic /Interdisciplinary|
|405||Any ONE from list of SKILL ENHANCEMENT COURSE (SEC)||Skill Enhancement Course|
|501||Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management||Core Discipline|
|502||Financial Derivatives||Core Discipline|
|503||Elective – I||Discipline Specific Elective|
|504||Elective – II||Discipline Specific Elective|
|601||Corporate Restructuring||Core Discipline|
|602||International Finance||Core Discipline|
|603||Elective – III||Discipline Specific Elective|
|604||Elective – IV||Discipline Specific Elective|
- Seats Available in DU
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies||45||14||7||24||90|
|Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women||23||7||4||12||46|
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management StudiesAnil Surendra Modi School of Commerce
- Seats Available :
- Mumbai - 480 Seats
- Bengaluru - 120 Seats
- Navi Mumbai - 60 Seats
- Indore - 60 Seats
- Specialization : Finance & Marketing
- Exam Pattern
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability - 40 Qs : to be solved in 45 Minutes
- Reasoning & General Intelligence - 40 Qs : to be solved in 45 minutes
- Proficiency in English Language - 40 Qs : to be solved in 30 minutes
- The Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognized Board at first attempt.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks at 10+2 or equivalent examination for being eligible to B.Com. (Hons.) program &
- 60% aggregate marks for being eligible to B.B.A. & B.Sc. (Finance) Program.
- Candidate's passing in Mathematics/ Statistics at 10+2 or equivalent exam is mandatory for being eligible to B.B.A / B.Com (Hons) / B.Sc (Finance).
- Duration : 120 Questions in 120 mins
Symbiosis Center for Management Studies (Pune & Noida)
- About the Course
- Bachelor of Business Administration offered at Pune & Noida campus is 3 Years Full time Course. Symbiosis International University (SIU) is located in Pune, Maharashtra. The University offers programs in 7 faculties, both UG and graduate level. The university has 31 Institutes / Departments on 5 campuses located in Pune, Nashik, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Noida.
- The Symbiosis Center for Administration in Pune is one of the best B schools in the BBA program. In addition to BBA's regular degree, the Institute for Symbiosis of Computing and Research (SICSR) offers BBA (IT) to students aspiring to develop their professional career in the computer industry. The Symbiosis Entry Test (SET) is the written test commonly used for undergraduate admission processes at Symbiosis International Academic Institutes.
- SET is only the first step. Each symbiosis institute has its own independent selection process. Students are pre-screened for a personal interview (PI) and a written aptitude test (WAT) based on their performance in SET.
- Eligibility: XII pass from any branch with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% for students of SC and ST category.
- Admission Process :
- For SCMS(Pune) -
- Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test
- Personal interview
- Writing Ability Test
- Group Test SCMS(Pune) -
- 50 Marks (SET)
- 20 Marks (PI)
- 20 Marks (WAT)
- 10 Marks (Group Test)
- SCMS(Noida) -
- 50 Marks (SET)
- 35 Marks (PI)
- 15 Marks (WAT)
- For SCMS(Pune) -
- SET 2018 Pattern :
- Mode: Online
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of Questions: 150
- Duration: 2 ½ Hours (150 Minutes)
- Section Wise Split-up:
Sections Questions General English 40 Quantitative Ability 40 General Awareness 40 Analytical and Logical Reasoning 30 Total 150
Guru Gobind Singh IPU- CET
- About the Course
- The Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, popularly known as the Indraprastha University, was established in 1998 by the government of NCT-Delhi. The University aims to promote and facilitate higher education with a focus on professional education, such as engineering, medicine, dentistry, law, etc.
- IT offers BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) with specializations such as banking and IT, computer-aided administration, tour and travel management, etc. It has around 34 affiliated colleges that offer the BBA program.
- Eligibility :
- The eligibility criteria prescribed by IP University for its common entrance test as per IPU CET 2017 is as follows:
- The candidate should have passed CBSE class XII or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% of total marks
- The candidate must also have passed English (basic or elective or functional) as a subject.
- The minimum qualifications for SC / ST / Widows or Wards of Defense Personnel / Persons with Disability are 45%
- The candidate must be under 21 years of age as August 1 of the year of admission.
- Students waiting for their class XII result may also appear for IPUCET.
- Admission & Selection Process :
- On the basis of written entrance examination
- Total Number Seats : Approximately 4500 seats available BUT only top few colleges are considered decent for taking admissions.
- Some of the top Colleges are:
- Jagannath International Management School, Vasant Kunj
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute Of Management Studies, Rohini
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute, Janakpuri
- Jagannath International Management School, Kalkaji
- On the basis of written entrance examination
- IPU CET 2017 Pattern
- Mode : Paper Based test
- Question Type : Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of Questions : 150
- Duration : 2 ½ Hours (150 Minutes)
- IPU CET Marking Scheme:
- Correct Answer : +4
- Wrong Answer: - 1
- Subjects and No. of questions
- English Language & Comprehension – 40 Qs
- General Awareness- 35 Qs
- Logical and Analytical Ability- 40 Qs
- Management Aptitude and Communication Skills- 35 Qs
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA):
- Selection Process: Entrance Test, Skill Assessment, Micro Presentation and Personal Interview.
- Eligibility : Basic eligibility for the programme is a pass at the +2 level in any stream (Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce & Management, Sciences) from any recognized Board in India or abroad.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance and International Trade):
- The course offers students the opportunity to learn various aspects of international trade and finance and has a definite advantage as it offers a concentrated approach to study. This program is also a thorough knowledge for students who wish to pursue higher education in India or abroad. Students have the opportunity to complete the first two years of their study abroad program at Christ University in Bangalore, India. Then they complete the last years of their studies at a foreign affiliated university.
- Eligibility : Basic eligibility for the programme is a pass at the +2 level in any stream (Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce & Managment, Sciences) from any recognized Board in India or abroad.
- Selection & Admission Process: Entrance Test, Skill Assessment, Micro Presentation and Personal Interview.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (H):
- The BBA program provides high quality business management training to young men and women who wish to join industrial, corporate and nonprofit management and seek corporate or independent employment.
- Selection process: entrance test, skills assessment, micro-presentation and personal interview.
- Eligibility: the basic eligibility for the program is an achievement of +2 in all areas (humanities, social sciences, business and administration, science) of any consultancy recognized in India or abroad.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism and Travel Management):
- The Bachelor in Business Administration in Tourism and Travel Management, a degree in commerce with specialization in tourism, tourism and hospitality, started in 2002. With a solid background in business and administration, the course is specialized in tourism and travel management.
- Selection Process : Competence Evaluation and Personal Interview.
- Eligibility : the basic eligibility for the program is an achievement of +2 in all areas (humanities, social sciences, business and administration, science) of any consultancy recognized in India or abroad.
- Written Test Pattern :
- Duration: 2hours
- Questions - 120
- Marks - 120
- Each Correct Answer carries 1 mark and each Wrong Answer carries -0.25
Jamia Millia University
- About the University:
- The university was established by Muslim leaders and freedom fighters in 1920, before the independence of India. Among the founding leaders, the main ones were the Ali brothers, Mohammad Ali Jouhar and Shaukat Ali
- Eligibility : 10+2 Certificate or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate of best of 5 subjects
- Total Seats : 44
- Duration : 105 minutes
- Questions : 100
- MCQ’s on :
- Language Skills, General Awareness, Reasoning and Numerical Ability
- Max. Marks : 100
- Negative Marking : 0.25 mark for each wrong answer
- Entrance Syllabus :
- Language Skills : 20
- General Awareness :40
- Reasoning: 20
- Numerical Ability: 20