- 4 Years
- The exam will have 100 questions in totality. Subjects are from English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science up to Class X level
- The test will be of MCQ format and the entrance test will be bilingual (English and Hindi) wherever applicable
- For each correct answer in BE.lE.d exam, a student should score four marks and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted
- There will be no descriptive questions in this exam last year
- Only women candidates
- 10+2 or such equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline, completed from a recognized educational Board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
- Candidates appearing for their 10+2 final examinations are also eligible to apply for the course on provisional basis.
- Some colleges also offer admission on the basis of obtained merit at the 10+2 level.
- In DU its entrance based and then a merit list is subsequently issued by the DU allocating available seats to the qualifying candidates.
Students enrolled to the course are imparted
- Motivation, philosophy, and dedication for a career in elementary education.
- Training in dealing with 6-12 years old children.
- Training in dealing with:
- Short attention spans
- Varied personalities and values
- Difficulty in understanding
- Test of patience and character
- Children with special needs
- Evaluating students’ academic and social growth
- Keeping appropriate records
- Preparing progress reports
- Communicating with parents through conferences and other means
- Discussing students’ progress
- Interpreting the school program
- Encouraging students to join extracurricular activities such as clubs, student organizations, and academic contests.